HC Y.M.C.A. - Greece
The handball club YMCA is one of the first Greek clubs after the establishment of the Greek Handball Federation. It was founded in 1980 and took already the 1st place at the second National category championship in 1985. After that, the team started to participate in the Premier League. One of the main interests of the club was the development of their infrastructure and the best way to achieve it, was the handballs tournament for schools, which the club organized for many years from 1990 to 1998. The club participates with their teams in all championships for developmental ages. The most successful years for the club were between 2004 and 2008, with many excellences and 22 athletes in National teams.
- 1st place at the Greek Championship (2004-2005)
- 38 participation in finales
- 1st place at the Greek Adolescence Championship (2004, 2005, 2008)
- 2nd place at the Greek Adolescence Championship (3 times)
- 3rd place at the Greek Adolescence Championship (2 times)
- 2nd place at the Greek U17 Championship (5 times)
- 3rd place at the Greek U17 Championship
- 64 athletes of the club have participated in the Greek National Team.
X.A.N. Thessaloniki is a Christian youth development organization that is based in Thessaloniki, Greece, which comprises the homonymous Greek multi-sport club. The club was founded in 1921 and has teams in basketball, volleyball, handball, water polo, and others sports. X.A.N. Thessaloniki is part of the YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) in Thessaloniki, which is a Christian universal welfare movement.
HC YMCA will take a part in “New Belgrade Summer Cup” with boys generation 2002/2003. They will compete in category 2001, so they will be one of the youngest teams.
Coach Vassiliadis Yiorgos is a very experienced coach with a successful career. He trained with great success a lot of Greek clubs, and he has been working as an analyst in the coaching staff of the National team.